Sunday, November 14, 2010

Can't sit still

Today was going to be a day where I just did stuff around the house and took it easy. The last two days I've had really intense runs where I was trying for speed. Friday I did 4 miles on a treadmill, (and an hour of strength training), and then yesterday I did 4 miles outside. I was curious what the difference would be, I assumed the treadmill would be faster because you are forced to keep a pace; but I pushed myself just as hard when I ran outside and the times were identical more or less.

As much as I was going to just stay away from exercising today, I love it that I am to the point where I crave it. Today, I was going to do some light housework, watch a movie, play around with finances, simple stuff, but the longer the day goes on I keep thinking I gotta do something. I'm feeling a little froggy.

I think I will make a trip to the gym today, if only for an hour or so. The gym I go to has a few different branches, and I just now realized that there is one pretty much right next to my house that I thought was like 5 miles away. In reality, it's only 1.5 miles away and I had always assumed it was so much further.

Things seem to be working in my favor more and more. I feel like momentum has started to pick up and goods things are just starting to fall into place. They all in one way or another are going to contribute to these goals I have. Work has started to become so much less stressful as of late, which is nice, and I don't feel like I have to be there and or think about it all the time. Christa has gotten a new job which will give her better hours and and will improve her quality of life so much. She has been such a big help, there is no way I could be doing all this without her. Between Christa's life getting easier, my life at work getting easier, and realizing I have a gym so much closer to my house, things are going pretty great right now.

Since things are going so good, sitting around and taking an easy day feels like I'm not taking advantage of the circumstances that are being presented right now. I feel compelled to workout today, like I owe the universe for shifting things into high gear for me. I think I am going to comply now, check out this new gym, and keep earning a little more of that good fortune.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Good karma, baby! Keep it up!! :)