Thursday, November 11, 2010

Prepared

Well not much to write for today. I managed to get to the gym, but it kind of helps to bring sneakers with you when you get there. I somehow left them at my house in the morning. Usually I would have still worked out in my work shoes, but I only had my boots. Not too bright. It's ok, I am just going to go tomorrow, which was going to be a rest day.

I did make some progress though. One thing I have been watching out for is snacking at work. It's hard to resist when my job is ordering roasted salted cashews, or peanut butter malt balls, sesame sticks etc. Also, when you are surrounded by free cookies, samosas, pizza, you sometimes just end up eating something before you know it.

 The nature of my job is so chaotic that I often don't have time to eat lunch. Days like that I just grab a cookie to have something to eat as I am passing through our breakroom. Lately though I have been keeping almond butter, whole wheat bread, and honey in my locker, so I can have a healthy snack when I am hungry. I usually eat two oatmeal cookies a couple days a week, and today I decided that if I am going to snack, I am replacing the cookies with raw almonds, and dried unsweetened mango. Much more nutrition in these two, and they give me a lot more energy.

At least I was able to accomplish that switch today, even though I was a dumbass and left my shoes at home. That is how I've learned to look at things. Every day doesn't have to be perfect. Just because I was an idiot about footwear, I still made that intentional decision to not eat junk.  I am going to now have those two things be my fall back, (mango and almonds), along with apples, which I can find for free all day. I am especially going to be careful tomorrow, as we are having people at our house to dinner tomorrow, and I'm going to reserve all extra calories for all the wine I'm going to be drinking.

I'm not going to have too much wine though, as I  have a plan for this weekend. I am going to run 6 miles, outside, and do an hour or so of circuit training on Saturday. I really like pushing myself on Saturday. I don't have anything I really have to do, and I can clear my head and just focus. Sunday is more mellow,  a lot of stretching and some easy cardio; nothing too complicated.

It's getting late and believe it or not I am out of things to say. I wish you luck any of you who are trying to get started or stay started, on whatever workout/healthy eating plan you are trying to do. Thanks for reading. Goodnight.

1 comment:

bunchofbeets said...

Well even if you are a dumbass, I'm still so proud of you and think you are doing an amazing job.

You know you've actually made a lifestyle change when you can still see the positive changes you were able to make during the day instead of thinking that everything's blown to shit just cause you forgot your sneakers.