Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Beat

I got nothin'. I wasn't going to write anything, 'cause after a long day at work and four miles in the cold, I am spent. A run in the cold wasn't something I was looking forward to tonight, especially after working out yesterday, and running 3 miles, I was tired, and wanted to zone out, watch a Basketball game and empty my head. It didn't help that Christa made this amazing stew that once I ate it, I didn't want to do anything but sit back and think about how fucking good it was as it hung out in my stomach. But...I knew I had to go, full belly, headache and all. I admit I feel good aside for feeling a little stiff; but I'm still pretty dead. Flopped down watching basketball not moving for as long as possible probably falling asleep on the couch waking up at 2 am groggy as hell, dead. It was worth it though, as much I am bitching about it. It wouldn't be very readable, if I was like "Great run, off to bed". Pretty boring.

I think I was fine with going tonight because I had music. Having music lately has been a pain in the ass though. Christa and I each have an ipod, and they both don't work right. We have 3 sets of headphones, 2 don't work and actually I think we threw them out. Then we have a nice pair, that I lost in the house somewhere. All of this has pissed me off because I run so much better with music playing in my ears. I've got to have a rhythm; it helps push me. If I got something to run to, like Kid Cudi, Tool, or Blackalicious, I am set and can run for miles no matter how I feel. Tonight it was actually Immortal Technique, and I can through walls listening to that guy.

Anyway, I'm going to stop before I just keep rambling. Got to make myself go to sleep, I've got to lift weights and serve some time on the elliptical tomorrow. I have to be careful though. I noticed yesterday that I was setting the reps to high for my weights so that by my last set (I do three sets of between 12-and 20 reps of a given weight), my arms or legs were completely spent and I wasn't able to finish. I've got to pull it back a bit, and not try to out do myself right off the bat. Thanks for reading, and let's hope Shumlin pulls this off.

No comments: